In case you hadn’t noticed, there’s a heck of a lot of politics going on in GB plc right now! And Westminster’s whizzkid political parties have just failed to resolve the EU question. Again.
What’s that you say? You thought the UK was leaving the EU on 29 March? Well, we’ve moved into ‘guess-the-date’ territory instead. Bets are now taken for 31 January 2020.
Or it could be December 31 2020 and even March 29 2021. Or the never-never? So there’s all to play for, don’t be shy, place your bets now!
Meanwhile, our friends in Parliament have decided that we just don’t have enough elections these days, so they’ve called another one, for 12 December 2019.
And I’ve decided that shouting at the telly just doesn’t cut it, so I’m wading right in there. Well, somebody’s got to shake up this circus.
So I am standing for election to Parliament in the London constituency of Holborn & St Pancras. Read my blog HERE for more.
Of course, once I’ve sorted out the Westminster mess, I’m also still in the running for the London Assembly but, for now, that’s sitting on the sidelines and will come back into play in January 2020. Happy New Year!
The date for your diary is May 7, 2020, the occasion is the GLA elections for the Mayor of London and London Assembly Members.
There are three different ‘contests’ that make up GLA elections:
- the Mayor of London
- the 14 Members of the London Assembly who represent London’s 14 Constituencies
- the 11 Assembly Members who represent the whole of London (London-wide Members)
I am standing for election as the Green Party constituency candidate for Barnet and Camden
- London is one of the greatest cities on the planet
- London needs to be run for Londoners, those who live here and those, who love visiting
- London must work in the interest of ALL its citizens, not just those with too much money
- London needs cleaning up, the air we breathe and the streets we travel along
- London is Cosmopolitan, and needs to stay that way to be, well, London!
Right now, London is not working. But there is an alternative.
Let’s make our great city work
- for our environment
- for our community
- for our economy
So let’s go on this journey together and share our great ideas and argue the toss over those ideas that are not so great.