In case you hadn’t noticed, there’s a heck of a lot of politics going on in GB plc right now! And to cover all exits, Westminster’s political parties have just contested the EU elections.
What’s that? You thought the UK was leaving the EU on 29 March? Well, we’ve moved into ‘guess-the-date’ territory instead. Bets now taken for 31 October, Halloween.
Or it could be June 29 and December 29 and even March 29 2021. Or the never-never? So there’s all to play for, don’t be shy!
Meanwhile, a mile further along the Thames, at London’s City Hall, on May 7, 2020, the GLA elections for the Mayor of London and London Assembly Members will take place.
There are three different ‘contests’ that make up GLA elections:
- the Mayor of London
- the 14 Members of the London Assembly who represent London’s 14 Constituencies
- the 11 Assembly Members who represent the whole of London (London-wide Members)
I am standing for election as the Green Party constituency candidate for Barnet and Camden
- London is one of the greatest cities on the planet
- London needs to be run for Londoners, those who live here and those, who love visiting
- London must work in the interest of ALL its citizens, not just those with too much money
- London needs cleaning up, the air we breathe and the streets we travel along
- London is Cosmopolitan, and needs to stay that way to be, well, London!
Right now, London is not working. But there is an alternative.
Let’s make our great city work
- for our environment
- for our community
- for our economy
So let’s go on this journey together and share our great ideas and argue the toss over those ideas that are not so great.
Together, let’s find a solution!